While you may use most of the Services without registering, certain Services do require that you register with Sun Transit Foundation for them to function properly. If you choose to register or update an existing account with Sun Transit Foundation or access certain Services, you may be required to provide certain personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, gender, email address and date of birth, and a username and password to access your Sun Transit Foundation account. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal information that you submit to Sun Transit Foundation.
Email a Friend
If you use our Email a Friend service to tell a friend about a feature on a Sun Transit Foundation Site or a newsletter, we will ask you for your name, your email address and your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site using your name and email address as the “from” email address. Sun Transit Foundation does not use your friend’s email information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested email to your friend.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please use the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Sun Transit Foundation Sites.
Emails You Send to Sun Transit Foundation
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
How Information Collected About You Is Used
Information about your use of the Services may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve and create new Services,
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you administrative communications about the Sun Transit Foundation Sites and Services,
- to obtain your feedback about the Sun Transit Foundation Sites and Services,
- to send you secure electronic messages and personalized emails pertaining to your interests as inferred from your use of the Services, including news, announcements, reminders and opportunities from Sun Transit Foundation,
- to statistically analyze trends and user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the Sun Transit Foundation Sites are visited, how the Services are being used and how many emails are received and opened,
- to provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content including advertising both on and off the Sun Transit Foundation to offer lead generation services,
- to detect and defend against fraud and other threats to the Services and our users,
- to identify issues with the Services,
- to conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below, and
- to administer your account.
In addition, Sun Transit Foundation may use personal information about you for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and/or with your consent.
Sun Transit Foundation will not sell your personal information to third parties for their use without your consent.
Companies and Contractors that Work with Sun Transit Foundation
Sun Transit Foundation works with third party companies and contractors that help us provide the Services and to otherwise assist in the operation of the Sun Transit Foundation Sites and Apps, including those that provide services relating to technology, data analysis, research, email management and deployment, sweepstakes and contest administration, advertising and marketing and/or content. Sun Transit Foundation contractors sometimes have limited access to your information in the course of providing products or services to Sun Transit Foundation. We contractually require that our contractors not use or disclose your information for any purpose other than providing the limited service or function for Sun Transit Foundation.
How Your Information is Secured and Retained
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your personal information. Despite Sun Transit Foundation’s efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter personal information (including personal health information in various Services), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
We will retain your personal information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. At any time you can remove your personal information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to Sun Transit Foundation from our servers. See “Your Choices and Rights” below for more information on how you can update or remove your personal information. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.